READ THIS AMAZING ARTICLE ABOUT THE PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF SINGING...
Lessons taught in the studio, Surrey, BC
- Monday - Thursday
- voice, all levels
- vocal ensemble coaching
- voice performance masterclasses
- trumpet, clarinet, alto saxophone, trombone and french horn (taught by Dean Scott)
- Royal Conservatory Method can be taught upon request
- participation in competitions and festivals are recommended only to students who have voice/instrument and performance competency.
- Lessons are taught all year with observances of statutory holidays only (lessons are taught during spring and summer break because Dolores is on tour every year from mid - February to mid - March)
Please note that Dolores Scott no longer teachers piano.
Music taught at Bethany-Newton United Church, Surrey, BC
- members rehearse Sundays from 1:30 - 4:30 PM at BNUC 14853 60th avenue, Surrey BC
- leads have an additional midweek rehearsal, determined by availability
- membership fee is $15 annually
- production fees $350 annually (2 productions and 1 youth concert per year)
- $25 discount for additional family members to join
- This group can be joined by audition only
- 2019 - 2020 season will present A Christmas Carol, The Sound of Music and Die Fledermaus
Read articles about YPOSBC...
Scenic Adventures - An Operatic Vacation
Amahl and the Night Visitors
The Magic Flute
See your preview of the Magic Flute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTbxN1MEWA&authuser=0
Voice and other instrument lessons are private one-on-one weekly sessions with the teacher, with the first portion dedicated to strengthening and coordination techniques and the second portion dedicated to repertoire performance and artistry. Lessons are tailored to the individual needs of the student. Regular practice between lessons is mandatory to ensure steady growth and improvement. Students may register for more than one lesson per week if they so desire.
Voice lesson lengths and rates
- 45 minutes (minimum) - $50 per lesson
- 1 hour - $60 per lesson
- add additional time - $30 per half hour
- A first time meeting and audition is recommended. Dolores will not accept students without hearing them first. A fee of $45 for a trial 45 minute lesson will be charged.
Please note that these rates are for students who commit to a regular lesson time weekly lesson time. Those who cannot make a regular lesson weekly must choose the drop in lesson option.
- Drop in lessons (scheduled on a per lesson basis, depending on time availability) - $65 per 1 hour lesson
A special rate of $50 per one hour lesson is given to members of Young People's Opera Society of BC ONLY.
*A special note about voice lessons - the voice lesson rate is a charge for use of the teacher's time. If students or parent wish to have a meeting, they must schedule it either during their child's lesson time, or at another time convenient for both student and teacher. VOICE LESSON RATES APPLY FOR MEETINGS.
Other instrument rates (taught by Dean Scott)
- trumpet, trombone, french horn, baritone horn, alto and tenor saxophone, clarinet - 30 minutes - $30 per lesson
- 45 minutes - $45 per lesson
- 1 hour - $60 per lesson
Payment for lessons are accepted as post dated cheques dated the first of the month for the year, from September - August. Please contact Dolores Scott for a detailed list of payment policies.
Please use the contact form to inquire about lessons, Young People's Opera Society of BC, vocal ensemble coaching or performance masterclasses.